Call for Award entry is closed for 2016.
The call for 2017 No-Dig Award will be announced in the first quarter of 2017.
Any award application must be for trenchless work completed in 2015/16 and must be endorsed by the Affiliated Society where the activity took place. Award application for activities outside of a region with an affiliated society are exempt from this requirement.
How to submit : Applications must be in English and should be prepared with the below criteria in mind with a maximum of 1000 words supported by suitable illustrations in MS Word or PDF. Illustrations should be inserted to the text (one file per entry). Specify the category of the award from below. There is no template but to include all the necessary information (especially for project category), please refer to this WORD file as a sample. ENTRIES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ONLINE through the ISTT website from this year. The system will send you a confirming email upon receipt of your application.
Read below instructions before submitting your entry from the below button.
Four categories are eligible to receive Awards as shown below. Awards may not be made in all categories in a given year.
- Academic research or training aid/course.
- Trenchless project completed.
- New machine, tool, material, system or technique introduced.
- Student or young professional paper - Members regularly enrolled in college or university, or spending at least half their time on academic course work
The aim of ISTT is to promote the science and practice of trenchless technology, and the Awards are to raise the profile and status of the Society and its Award Winners.All award winners (1) are recognized at the Gala dinner and presented a trophy and certificate, (2) are featured in an article in Trenchless International, (3) are added to the published list of ISTT award winner role of honor posted on the ISTT website, and (4) are authorized to use the ISTT logo on promotional material related to the award activity or recipients. In addition, the winner may be afforded an opportunity to make a brief presentation on the activity that received the award at the Conference time and schedule permitting. The student award winner receives a small cash award and limited financial travel assistance to attend the Conference.
Criteria for selection of Awards are as follows:
- Does the entry make a contribution to the advancement of trenchless technology world-wide?
- Does the entry contribute to protecting the environment and/or reduce social costs?
- Are the above benefits clear from the entry?
- Is the entry innovative, ingenious, elegant or novel?
- Is the entry commercially and economically practicable?
- Will the award make an impact with the media, decision-makers and the general public?
- Will the award impress ISTT members?
- Has the entry been well explained and presented?
Applicants for the categories of Trenchless Project and New Machines should demonstrate a practical use or development of trenchless systems or equipment for the installation or rehabilitation of underground utility networks. For example, entries may address achievements in:
- Improved economy and competitiveness of trenchless installations;
- Length and speed of drive for installation, replacement or renovation;
- Accuracy or size of installation;
- Materials used;
- Ground conditions successfully dealt with;
- Improved acceptability for clients, operators and/or environment;
- Underground detection, recording and mapping of obstacles, both natural and man-made;
- Health and safety of employees and the general public;
- Matters related to training in the field of trenchless work; and
- Research into any of the topics related to working on underground utilities.
Hope to receive many entries from all around the world.
ISTT team -